Rotary Drill Hose Benefits
A large-diameter (3- to 5-in inside diameter), high-pressure flexible line used to connect the standpipe to the swivel.
This flexible piping arrangement permits the kelly (and, in turn, the drillstring and bit) to be raised or lowered while drilling fluid is pumped through the drillstring.
The simultaneous lowering of the drillstring while pumping fluid is critical to the drilling operation.
Rotary Drill Hose Features/Benefits:
• Reinforcement: Multiple wire plies for extreme strength and durability.
• Tube: Black synthetic rubber for exceptional abrasion and oil resistance to 250°F.
• Couplings: Qualified with steel crimp couplings for a durable, safe and secure connection.
• Cover: Black synthetic rubber for resistance to abrasion, oil and weathering.
Rotary Drill Hose Applications:
• Portable drilling units
• Cement solutions
• Mild chemicals
• Reverse circulation systems
• Workover rigs
• Seismic equipment